Thursday, July 31, 2008

Girl In a Coma @ Emo's, Preview 8.01.08

San Antonio’s Girl In a Coma will travel up I-35 to bring their ‘80s tainted punk to Emo’s Inside on Friday. Personally speaking, seeing this band live is something I’ve been anticipating for the last couple months. The female trio released their debut album Both Before I’m Gone last year after catching the eye of the legendary Joan Jett, who signed them to her Blackheart Records label. Girl In a Coma was here for several shows during SXSW, but unfortunately I was not hip enough to know who they were at the time and didn’t see them perform. That has now changed, not only because my hipness has drastically increased, but because Both Before I’m Gone has since been given great exposure by being featured on iTunes as a “Music Editor’s Choice.” Here is a prime chance for Austinites to catch this buzz-worthy band before embarking on an US tour with indie darlings Tegan and Sara starting in September.

-
William Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment