Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SXSW 2011: Highlight Images pt.2

Wild Flag totally delivered during SXSW. I think everyone had big exceptions for this supergroup. Being a big Mary Timony fan myself, I was looking forward to this one as well. Having caught them once at The Parish and then again at Mohawk, the verdict is officially in. I need that Wild Flag album in my life like now. This band just jump up to my most anticipated of the year.

One band that caught me by surprise was Secret Cities. I had already loved their debut album, but was not prepared for how different they sound live. The band definitely adds a more organic layer to their usually synth/reverb heavy recordings. Not that either way is better than the other, it was just impressive to hear those songs in new light.

Here are a couple more shots. Videos to come soon...

 Wild Flag

Okkervil River 

TV On The Radio

Big Boi

 Secret Cities

Callers 

Wires Under Tension 


Check out more SXSW photos via my facebook, and other highlights on this blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment