Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gossip - Music for Men

One of the things I love about doing the whole "album reviewer" thing, is that I get the chance to write about artists that I have long been a fan of. Gossip is one of these bands. And being a long-time fan, I'm thrilled to see them signed to a major label (Columbia), and to see them growing as musicians. The band's new album Music for Men sees Beth Ditto and company taking on more synths than their previous ventures.

It seems like the synth dance thing is rather popular this year with the traditional guitar bands (see Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Julian Casablancas). So see what I have to say about Gossip's turn with Music for Men up on Stereo Subversion:



And because it's pretty awesome, here is the video for their latest single "Love Long Distance"

No comments:

Post a Comment