Monday, November 30, 2009

Nirvana - Bleach 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

I got to write about Nirvana. That's pretty cool. In my entry a couple weeks ago about Gossip, I mentioned how exciting it is to review artists that I've longed been a fan of. So obviously, it thrilled me to write about one of the greats. It also poses one of the biggest challenges of being a reviewer. What insight could I bring to an album that has been around for 20 years and written about a billion times over?

There is no denying the impact of Nirvana's breakthrough second album Nevermind, but in that their debut Bleach sometimes gets overlooked. Now I'm not gonna lie and say that I was listening to Bleach long before everyone else. Truthfully, I got into Nirvana long after everyone else. I was always more of a Courtney fan, than a fan of Kurt. So it was through my love of Hole that I really started listening to Nirvana. I do remember the first time I heard Bleach and thinking, 'Damn, that guy was good even back then.'

Now today I do stand as a huge Nirvana fan. So being given the opportunity to write a review for the 20th Anniversary Edition of Bleach was quite the awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment