Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Balmorhea - Constellations

As mentioned previously here on The Blog From Mars, I'm working on a couple Austin-based pieces for Stereo Subversion. The latest of which is a review of the new release from Balmorhea.

Constellations is a damn good album. I had nothing but great things to say about it. I hate saying stuff like, 'this is one of my favorites of the year so far,' especially when it's so early in the year. But really, this is one of my favorite so far.

Excerpt... the nine tracks work as the stars, that when connected unfold an audio landscape. Using only instruments, they have created an album that is filled with more emotion, more feeling, and is as stunning than any one that uses lyrics to tell its story.

Jump over to SSv to read the entire review...

No comments:

Post a Comment