Monday, March 29, 2010

new music: Nicole Simone

I spend hours upon hours scouring the internet for new music; whether it's checking out news, reviews and recommendations from the blog sites, or just randomly sampling stuff on the digital stores. Thats how I find most of the new artists I listen to. I always find stuff that I absolutely love that isn't being talked about on the big blogs. So I figured, hey that's what my blog is for. So here it is...

Nicole Simone is a sultry songstress in the vain of Serge Gainsbourg and Brigitte Bardot. There's also a strong Billie Holiday vibe going on. Even her name invokes the vision of a smoke filled jazz club with dudes in three-piece suits playing on a dimly lit back stage. Her music is a throwback.

Simone's self-titled (and self-released) EP offers six outstanding tracks of her memorizing vocals that will transfix you. It's available on the big digital outlets including eMusic and Amazon. I'm totally loving this little collection.

The video for the track "Melt" is below.




No comments:

Post a Comment